Shape your own beauty with a personalized creation.
So how does this work?
Sounds great, but what's the cost?
The price of your piece is based on your design. If budget is your primary concern, we recommend providing your budget range in the assessment submission form. This will save a great amount of time in the assessment and time to complete of your project. There are no additional or hidden fees, you only pay for the components plus the production time of the artist.
Can I choose my gemstones?
Yes, you will receive photos of the stone/s prior to your acceptance of the project. We carry an inventory of various hand produced semi-precious gemstones that are handpicked for their amazing quality of color and presentation.
If required, we will research our suppliers for the perfect stone to meet your design requirements. Most semi-precious stones (up to 30 mm / 1.18") will not be considered "non-inventory" for the purpose of a commission order.
Precious gemstones are not an "inventory" item and as such will be ordered only for the use in the production of a commission order. If you wish to incorporate precious stones in your piece, you may be required (with our assistance) to purchase the stones directly. This will ensure that you will have the chance to inspect and evaluate the stones before forwarding them to us.
Do you work with Gold or Platinum?
Gold is only available as overlay plating using the ancient Korean technique of Keum Boo.
Can I order a copy of an existing design?
Yes, but with conditions.
- We respect artistic integrity; under no circumstance will we reproduce or copy the design of other jewelry designers and artists. You may use the design of another artist / designer as an example to describe your project, but your commission order must contain significant differences that respect the artistic integrity of the other artist / designers’ original design.
- Commission orders based on previously sold Sky And Beyond pieces will contain slight variations from the original, this is inherent with hand formed creations. However, the integrity of the overall design will be maintained.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Boring but IMPORTANT information
The acceptance and purchase of a commission order from Sky And Beyond constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions
When you place a commission order you will receive:
- A detailed description accompanied by a photo reference (if based on an previous creation) of your creation,
- details of any *"non-inventory" items (metals, gemstones, findings, etc.) required to produce your creation,
- details of the projected time to complete your creation,
- photos of the final product for your approval prior to shipping, no commission order will be shipped without your approval,
- the total price including tracked shipping costs.
Once you have approved the details of your order, **payment in full is required before work on your creation can begin.
Requested changes to your original order may;
- create additional charges,
- delay the time to completion,
- cause a re-scheduling of your commission based on the volume of pending orders.
Cancellation: Once a commission order has been accepted and payment received, work on your project has already started. As such, the order is refundable as a store credit only.
* The cost of "non-inventory" items is non-refundable and will be deducted from the store credit in the event that you cancel the commission order.
** Please note that commission orders are only refundable as a store credit that is transferable to any of our online sales outlets.